ONE-POINT OFFICE DARES
1) Run one lap around the office at top speed.
2) Groan out loud in the bathroom cubicle (at least one other 'non-player' must be in the bathroom at the time).
3) During a meeting, try to place a pen in your mouth sideways.
4) Phone someone in the office you barely know, leave your name and say 'Just called to say I can't talk right now. Bye'.
5) To signal the end of a conversation, clamp your hands over your ears and grimace.
6) When someone hands you a piece of paper, finger it, and whisper huskily, 'Mmmmmmm, that feels soooooo good!'.
7) Leave your zipper open for one hour. If anyone points it out, say 'Sorry, I really prefer it this way'.
8) Walk sideways to the photocopier.
9) While riding an elevator, gasp dramatically every time the doors open.
10) Encourage your colleagues to join you in a little synchronized chair dancing.
11) Send emails to the rest of the office telling them what you're doing. For example, 'If anyone needs me, I will be in the bathroom.' Or, 'In case I get a phone call, I'm sitting at my desk.'
12) Include a personal note on every email you send. 'On a personal note, I'm feeling a bit tired and grumpy today.' or 'On a personal note, I'm pleased to announce that I got my highest score ever on Tetris last night.'
1) Say to your boss, 'I like your style' and pretend to shoot him with your fingers.
2) Babble incoherently at a fellow employee then ask 'Did you get all that, I don't want to have to repeat it'.
3) Page yourself over the intercom (do not disguise your voice).
4) Kneel in front of the water cooler and drink directly from the nozzle (there must be a 'non-player' within sight).
5) Shout random numbers while someone is counting.
6) Insist that your e-mail address be 'email@example.com'.
7) Every time someone asks you to do something, ask them if they 'want fries with that'.
8) Find out where your boss shops and buy exactly the same outfits. Always wear them one day after your boss does.
9) Put up mosquito netting around your cubicle and play a tape of jungle sounds all day
10) For an hour, refer to everyone you speak to as 'Bob'.
11) Carry your keyboard over to your colleague and ask 'You wanna trade?'
12) Find the vacuum cleaner and start vacuuming around your desk.
1) At the end of a meeting, suggest that it would be nice to conclude with the singing of the national anthem (extra points if you actually launch into it yourself).
2) Walk into a very busy person's office and, while they watch you with growing irritation, turn the light switch n/off 10 times.
3) Put a picture of your mother on your business card.
4) Announce to everyone in a meeting that you 'really have to go and do a number two'.
5) After every sentence, say 'mon' in a really bad Jamaican accent. As in 'the report's on your desk, mon'. Keep this up for one hour.
6) While a colleague is out, move their chair into the elevator.
7) In a meeting or crowded situation, slap your forehead repeatedly and mutter, 'Shut up, damn it, all of you just shut up!'.
8) At lunchtime, get down on your knees and announce 'As God is my witness, I'll never go hungry again'.
9) In a male colleague's diary, write in at 10.00 am: 'See how I look in tights'.
10) Come to work in pyjamas; the 1-piece kind, with the buttoning flap in the back.
11) Put a chair facing a printer, sit there all day and tell people you're waiting for your document.
12) Come to work in army fatigues and when asked why, say 'I can't talk about it'.
13) Posing as a maitre d', call a colleague and tell him he's won a lunch for four at a local restaurant. Let him go.
14) Speak with an accent (French, German, Porky Pig, etc) during a very important conference call.
15) Hang a two-foot long piece of toilet roll from the back of your pants and act genuinely surprised when someone points it out.